Neato Announces Neato D10 and D9 Global Retail Availability
Neato’s D10 and D9 intelligent robot vacuums deliver industry-leading features for large homes just in time for the holidays
SAN JOSE, CA, October 19, 2021 – Neato Robotics, a leading provider of intelligent robot vacuums for the home, today announced the global retail availability of the second and third model from its premium D-series lineup, Ultimate Cleaning Machine – the Neato D10 and D9. Specially crafted to tidy medium and large sized homes respectively, the D10 and D9 join Neato’s previously released D8, which is engineered to tackle clean up in smaller spaces.
“Designed with our customers in mind, the new Neato D10, D9 and D8 are the most robust, intelligent, and secure robots Neato has ever made. We achieved this through a careful and thorough audit of both hardware and software, including finding inspiration from other industries’ technologies and best-practices. The new platform which the robot vacuums are built on represents the path for future Neato models. We lead the market across key metrics, including all three models’ dust pick up on hard surfaces, D10’s longest 300- minutes run time and D10’s filtration with the introduction of the first on board true HEPA filter,” said Neato CEO, Thomas Nedder.
Available just in time for the holiday season, the Neato D10, D9 and D8 feature the brand’s signature D-shaped design and thorough dust pick up which allow them to get into corners like no round robot can. Some of Neato D9 and D10’s newest and most notable features include a Helix Multi-Surface Main Brush that is 50% quieter on hard surfaces, the introduction of zone cleaning, a unique max vacuum mode for D10, and more.
“Neato is dedicated to providing amazing customer experiences by going above and beyond to exceed expectations by anticipating what customers need now and what they may need later, including best-in-class product design, innovation, experience, privacy and security. Our recent market research shows that customers care about cleaning efficacy and noise profile more than they care about filters and runtimes. That’s why we designed the latest intelligent robot vacuums with superior dust pickup and quieter cleaning noise, specifically on hard surfaces” said Neato VP of Marketing and Ecommerce, Howard Leyda.
All three robots feature LaserSmart technology and utilize the same kind of LiDAR technology found in many autonomous cars to support SLAM (Simultaneous Location And Mapping) navigation. Unlike camera-based robot vacuums that capture images of users and their environment, Neato’s LiDAR technology enables Neato to scan its environment using lasers and clean in low light to dark conditions, including at night and under furniture, all without compromising the user’s privacy and security. Neato also offers world-class encryption to store the mapping coordinates both on board the products and in the cloud and does not share or sell user data.
Neato D10: Designed for large homes with ultra-performance for the ultimate clean
- 300-minute run time covering up to 2,700 sq/ft between recharges
- Auto-recharge and resume allows D10 to recharge itself just enough to finish a job
- 60% greater dust pick up than D3 and D5
- 50% quieter Helix multi-surface brush on hard surfaces
- True HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of allergens, as small as 0.3 microns, to help reduce respiratory problems such as asthma and allergies with an easy-to-clean mesh surface
- Max Boost Mode throttles the suction power at maximum-performance level for more effective pet hair and dust cleanup
- New MyNeato app simplifies setup, improves creating virtual zones, no-go-zones, scheduling cleaning routines, on-robot notifications and managing multiple floor plans.
- Silver color; polished brushed metallic finish
- All other features from D8 and D9
Neato D9: Flexible and adaptable for no-compromises cleaning in medium-sized homes
- 200-minute run time covering up to 1,600 sq/ft between recharges
- Auto-recharge and resume allow D9 to recharge itself just enough to finish a job
- 40% greater dust pick up than D3 and D5
- 50% quieter Helix multi-surface brush on hard surfaces
- Ultra-Performance filter with mesh captures up to 99.5% of allergens as small as 10 microns with an easy-to-clean mesh surface
- Black color; brushed metallic finish
- All features from D8
Neato D8: Optimized for smaller layouts and those on the go
- 100-minute run time covering up to 750 sq/ft without stopping to recharge
- Auto-recharge and resume to allow the vacuum to pick up where it left off when finishing a job
- 20% greater dust pick up than D3 and D5
- High-performance filter and dual mode suction capturing up to 99.1% of dust, dirt and dander
- Main brush is Spiral Combo that’s up to 70% wider than round robot vacuums on the
market and 0.7-liter dirt bin leads the industry in capacity.
- Improved setup and My Neato app experience for scheduling cleaning routines and creating No-Go zones
- New MyNeato app and improved on-robot notifications
- Signature Neato quality featuring industry-leading D-Shape and LaserSmart technology
- Indigo blue color; brushed metallic finish
Pricing and Availability
In North America, the Neato D10 ($799), D9 ($699) and D8 ($599) intelligent robot vacuums are available to purchase in store and online now at Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Lowes and Neatorobotics.com.
Neato Robotics designs intelligent robots for the home to improve people’s lives and solve real problems. Neato is committed to creating a truly personalized cleaning experience, ensuring that robots evolve and adapt with the consumer. Neato drives innovation with intelligent LaserSmartTM LIDAR-based navigation, mapping, smart home connectivity, and superior cleaning technologies. For more information, visit www.neatorobotics.com and join Neato Robotics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Head of Communications, Neato
Senior Account Executive, Zeno Group